The most important event in the calendar of the Association is the scientific congress which is held once every four years. The Congress offers an excellent opportunity for orthoptists and ophthalmologists to share knowledge with colleagues and friends from around the world. Plenary sessions, workshops, symposia, poster and commercial exhibitions provide delegates with the latest research and information within the field of orthoptics and its related disciplines. The highlight of each congress is the Burian Lecture, instituted in 1975 to commemorate Dr Herman Burian for his contribution to strabismology and his never ending support of orthoptics. The IOA Research Award and the IOA Educational Grant are other highlights of the proceedings. The organisation of the congress is vested in two committees: Congress Organising Committee (COC), Congress Scientific Program Committee (CSPC)
Regular up-dates will provide you with the new orthoptic information and give up to date details of the forthcoming IOA Congress: www.ioacongress.org
The next IOA Congress will be held in Liverpool, U.K., June 20 — 23, 2020!
We look forward to welcoming you to Liverpool and the UK for the 14th International Orthoptic Association Congress.
The website for the congress in currently being finalised (www.ioacongress.org) and you will shortly be able to find information about the programme, registration, social events, accommodation and travel etc. In the meantime please save the date in your calendars for June 20th – 23rd 2020.
- Registration Opens – Friday 26th July 2019
- Early Bird Rate Closes – Wednesday 26th February 2020
- Abstract Submission Opens – Thursday 15th August 2019
- Abstract Submission Closes – Extended to Tuesday 10th December 2019
- Notification to Authors – Wednesday 29th January 2020
- Authors to Register by – Wednesday 26th February 2020
- Student Research Award Application to Open – 3rd June 2020
- Deadline for full paper submission to ‘Strabismus’– 15th August 2020
Dr David Newsham
Chair of the Local Organising Committee