Standards and Quality
Program Coordinator: Jan Roelof Polling
- IOA Code fo Ethics Document
- IOA Comptency Document
- Low Vision / Chair Sara Bettega, Andrea Jerabková
- Vision Screening / Chair Isabel Reich-d'Almeida
Priorities and Directions
- Establish the currency of minimum competencies for orthoptic practice.
- Produce the philosophical framework for international orthoptic practice by establishing an ethical code.
- Promote competent, ethical practice that is sensitive to local cultural contexts.
- Ensure that mechanisms to guide and support the establishment, development and approval of constitutions of new orthoptic associations are in place.