Program Coordinator: Sue Silveira and Sonja Vrugt
- IOA Code fo Ethics Document
- IOA Comptency Document
Priorities and Directions
- Establish the currency of minimum competencies for orthoptic practice.
- Produce the philosophical framework for international orthoptic practice by establishing an ethical code.
- Promote competent, ethical practice that is sensitive to local cultural contexts.
- Ensure that mechanisms to guide and support the establishment, development and approval of constitutions of new orthoptic associations are in place.