Standards and Quality
Program Coordinator: Jan Roelof Polling
- IOA Code fo Ethics Document
- IOA Comptency Document
Priorities and Directions 2013 - 2017:
- Establish the currency of minimum competencies for orthoptic practice.
- Produce the philosophical framework for international orthoptic practice by establishing an ethical code.
- Promote competent, ethical practice that is sensitive to local cultural contexts.
- Ensure that mechanisms to guide and support the establishment, development and approval of constitutions of new orthoptic associations are in place.