Program Coordinator: Dagmar I. Verlohr
- Finance Committee / Chair Jane Tapley
- Membership Committee / Chair Daisy Godts
- Website Committee / Chair Dagmar I. Verlohr
- Local Organizing Committee (COC) / Chair David Newsham
- Congress Scientific Program Committee (CSPC) / Chair Darren Oysteck
- Congress Guidelines for Invited Symposia
- Congress Planning Guidelines for CSPC
- Education Forum Organizing Committee
Strategic Priorities and Directions 2013 - 2017:
- The IOA officers will adhere to an accountable and transparent corporate governance model.
- Maintain and sustain the program management structure.
- Ensure in all relevant areas there are developed guidelines, which are clear , understandable and disseminated to all relevant target groups.
- Ensure there is an efficient communication process with the Association, and between the member associations and individual members by use of IOA website, newsletters, notices, e-blasts, social media use.
- Disseminate relevant materials to members.
- Enhance the human resource pool on the committee/project level to carry out IOA activities and the financial strength of the IOA for the benefit of its members and the profession.
- Promote the value of orthoptics to government organizations, non-government organizations and the wider community.
- Collaborate with other international pediatric ophthalmology, strabismic, or ophthalmic genetic organizations and non-governmental bodies.
- Enable the IOA to be the key international representative organization of orthoptics through leadership, brokering and collaboration.
- Ensure the quality of continuing professional activities and promotion of orthoptic science by the IOA Congress through the IOA’s Congress Organizing Committee (COC) and Congress Scientific Program Committee (CSPC).
- Develop IOA Congress efficiencies such as the use of a single Professional Congress Organizer.
- Update the IOA’s web presence on the internet to be responsive to members’ needs for information and services.
- Be proactive and responsive to issues, changes and developments that impact on orthoptics and the IOA.
- Measure the performance of the Association against its objectives.